CERT Logo

October 01, 2014, 12:17:01 PM
Home Search Help Login Register
News: Welcome to our forum. It is monitored. If you want to register, send an email to cert-la@usa.net. Give us your name and the username and password you want to use.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: So here we are and the money's running out.  (Read 3981 times)
tkleager

I Love CERT!

Email
« on: March 05, 2009, 12:30:39 PM »

Our CERT program mainly runs on public donations and small grants.

Every year we do trash pick up along a 2 mile stretch of the main high way that runs through town.  We go out once a month and pick up the trash.  Last year I think it yielded about $1000.  Plus it got our name out there.  Kind of hard to miss 25-30 people in bright lime green vests that say CERT on the back.   Our group was even witness to a large car accident on that stretch of roadway and helped direct traffic and helped secure the scene until the "authorities" were able to arrive on scene.

Also, our CERT program has dues.  This year they are $15 per person and an additional $5 per family member.  Those dues are used to cover operating expenses and other needs we may have through the year.  We have nearly 50-60 active members, so those dues add up.

Also last year we went before the City councils and asked for funding from the KENO funds.  The city granted us $3000 to use in the purchase of a trailer and supplies to stock the trailer.  Through donations from businesses and discounts from businesses we were able to totally outfit our trailer.

If you have any other questions please let me know.
MikeZ

Once a Marine........

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »

I don't mean to hijack this post but this seems to be the most recent entry, I'm new at this and would like to start a CERT on the Gulf Coast where I have been doing disaster recovery since October '05, I am a planner/researcher by nature and want to get my ducks in a row before just rolling into the EMA or local FD/PD is there an official CERT forum that is active on a daily basis where a rookie such as myself can ask all the "stupid" questions he wants? :-/
Steven Kays

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »

This is it lol
If something better exists I am unaware
CB-CERT

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »

WOW! It took tow years to get a response to Mike's post! Hmm. May I suggest that each time there is a CERT training, the participants be asked to sign up on this forum. It could be quite a valuable resource.

CERTainly Yours!

-C. Burleson
LAFD CERT Battalion 11 Coordinator
BobW

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 12:19:15 AM »

Good morning all,

A question:

Does anyone have experience in re setting up a private-sector bank account in tandem with running a "yard sale" of stuff?

This is for CERT but definitely not a county matter.

If, eg, our CERT sells a used generator, perhaps a shop vacuum, a Coleman lantern, what is best route and procedure to keep funds for the team?

Thoughts and experience appreciated.

~ Bob
CERT in "Hurricane Alley" Virginia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: