CERT Refresher - April 27, 2013
- LAFD CERT graduates must complete Volunteer Enrollment Forms and fax them to 818-804-5302 to qualify for Express Sign-In. If you have not submitted one previously for the Call-Out System or any other refresher, download the form, fill it out and fax it to 818-804-5302. This is a required citywide form for all volunteers. Your registration will also be checked against the LAFD CERT database.
The following information is required:
- The entire first page.
- On the second page:
- Emergency Information (emergency contact)
- Date of birth
- EITHER your initials and the last 4 numbers of your Social Security Number OR your driver's license information
- These two questions:
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than minor traffic violations? Y/N
- Are you currently awaiting trial, on probation, or parole? (This is a Yes or No question!)
- Your signature
- The date
- If you have completed Level 2 or Level 3 classes since the last refresher, bring photocopies of your Red Cross cards! Note: We will not be able to make copies at the refresher!
|How to Get Ready||
PLEASE CARPOOL! If you can give people a ride, or you need a ride, please let us know. Let us know where you'll be leaving from (don't just say "LA").
Be prepared when you come to the refresher! Review your CERT manual and/or these handouts so you'll be ready to go.
We have handouts on START (Simple Triage And Rapid Treatment), CERT Incident Command System, lifts and carries and cribbing.
Watch the CERT videos
Take the CERT quizzes
|What to Bring||
Bring or wear your personal safety equipment (helmet, vest, dust mask, goggles,
gloves (rubber/latex and leather), sturdy shoes, long pants, long-sleeved shirt, flashlight (with
extra batteries), bottled water, and a set of the
CERT forms)! Bring any other items you feel
appropriate. Absolutely no shorts, sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed!!
If you show up improperly attired, you will be sent home!
Bring drinking water!
Bring and use sunscreen!
The drill will be held...
rain or shine!