Step-by-Step Moulage Instructions
4.74 meg Powerpoint
Items to have in moulage kit:
Note: Most come off with soap and
water. Get many items at dollar stores, Halloween time is
- Cold cream
- Plumbers putty – (comes in green) - Works
best when you smear into (toward) the skin instead of upward into
- Latex glue
- Denture powder and water
- Alka-Seltzer – Used for sucking chest
- Rice – Used for maggots
- Baby oil
- Trauma scissors
- Small syringes
- Eye liners – Brown and black
- Oatmeal packets
||Broken Bone (Leg)
- Locate area with no skin creases or areas that
you bend at.
- Smear on latex glue in wide area. Note: Do not
allow any clothing to rub area of design.
- String out some cotton and stick to
- Place fake broken bone piece on glue area.
- Tape around all edges with thin, clear
- Spread plumbers putty around and away from
wound edges. Apply thick.
- Add thick blood to cotton area.
- Add more latex glue on top of putty around the
bone area. Make sure it dries (looks clear) before
- Using a pick tool, make putty look like skin is
torn up. This effect takes practice.
- Brush on some bruising colors around the edges
of the bone and surrounding area.
- Add some powder bruise coloring.
- Squeeze in thick dark blood.
- Spray with a brighter and smoother blood at
- Spread a thick mixture of denture powder and
water, make thick enough so it doesn't drip.
- Using tool, make a slit down the center of fake
skin buildup for the area showing a cut.
- Add bruising around the edges and powder on
- Work gash wide.
- Squeeze in semi-thick liquid blood.
- Smear as needed.
||Hanging Head Skin
- Much the same as the broken leg. You do not
have to tape down the fake piece you use.
- Can use liquid latex in center of cuts with
insert of a small strand of cotton spread through.
- Add thick blood.
- Add thin blood.
- On stomach area, apply liquid latex glue. Allow
to completely dry.
- Place impaled object onto skin and tape all
edges down with clear thin medical tape.
- Intestines used are actually colored oatmeal in
a double-wrapped condom. Add latex glue to one side of
oatmeal-filled condom. Let dry.
- Take this and insert over the impaled object,
making sure the glue side of oatmeal will touch the stomach once it
is placed over the impaled object.
- Spread this in manner of the effect
- Add bruising to the face.
- Apply tacky thick blood in area with Popsicle
- Use ashes from fireplaces to add additional
effects over blood. Displays a dirty and charred look.
- Add some petroleum jelly to help with shiny
- Apply fairly thick liquid latex glue to the arm
area, thick enough to work with.
- Let dry.
- Using a tool, pick up small parts of the latex
and roll them back to make it look like it is
- Add blush for burn effects.
- Add petroleum jelly under some fake skin to
- Add ashes sparingly with a Popsicle
Use bruise-colored makeup (comes in powders or solid compact).
Apply like women’s makeup using painter-type brushes or
Use a single serving package of hot cereal or oatmeal. Tastes great
and looks bad!
Using the bruising colors, take a baby bottle brush and scrape onto
Use black powder makeup on a brush and touch up under nose, mouth
and eyes for inhalation effect from smoke, or explosions